His barn had some lovely long gate posts and we selected two to act as posts for a new, much smaller gate entrance.
The farm sign below was set on a large stone cemented in place and it too was partially fixed in place with cement.
If I'd had more time I would have spent it making sure the copes were perfectly level.
The copes were going to be a bit of a problem though as I couldn't see anything amongst the stone he'd gathered and placed where I had asked.
I had noticed and old much smaller and partially removed wall at the back of the house. What remained had reasonable 'half moon' shaped copes. Further away hidden behind more stone were a couple of pallets containing what remained of the copes. We soon estimated that we'd be just about have enough. It turned out we were about five short - and these I made!