WHAT I DO

I will lay your Hedge, Build or repair your Dry stone walling or plant new hedges.

Hedgelaying, Planting, Drystone Walling, Garden features, House stonework, hedgelaying, teaching, illustrated talks, Training in Hedgelaying, Stonework, Drystone Walling

I live and work in the North York Moors area



I'm a qualified hedgelayer and have laid hedges in Ireland, Holland and in the UK. I'm also a drystone waller and have built houses (and walls), garden features, gate entrances in Ireland, Australia and in England.

I've been told I'm a bit of walling and hedgelaying nerd. But I don't mind it because it's normal. Doesn't everyone stop and take pictures of these when they are on holiday?

Some of the site contains my work along with pictures of hedges, walls and walling features from places I've visited. It should be pretty obvious which is my work.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Galloway Dyke

I've driven through Scotland for many years and never seen, or perhaps noticed a Galloway Dyke before.  These are constructed with the stones at the base horizontally laid, as most walls are, but the top portion of the wall is laid with the stones vertically orientated and normally of single construction.  Both the pictures below are of the same wall and can be found A83 in Glenn Kinglas, Arygyll

 |I have only ever seen one of these before and that was in Eire and is found on this blogg.   (see:-More Irish Walls)



No comments:

Post a Comment